Friday, September 20, 2013

Somethin' {pretty}

With getting back into routine, these last few weeks have flew! And so, there's been little time for crafting but I thought I'd share somethin' {pretty} with you instead.  

Who doesn't {heart} Pinterest?  It's one of my fave pastimes, just ask those that know me well! Or maybe not since I'm to blame for leading them into the world of Pinterest.  And if you don't know what Pinterest is, don't worry as it won't be long before you too are on it! Here's me in case you need somewhere to start!

Anyways a while back, I stumbled on this wreath during one of my Pinterest search endeavors which linked me to Catshy Crafts on Etsy. Cathy creates heartfelt decor including embroidery hoop art, yarn wreaths and felt flowers in her Bellevue, Washington home.

Yarn Wrapped Wreath with Dimensional Felt Flowers and Leaves. Grey, Cream, Fuchsia. 12 -inch by Catshy Crafts

And, it's social media at its best since I then 'LIKED' her Facebook page and followed her blog.  Yet, I feel I lucked out since I entered one of her contests .... 


... and was the winner of Custom Hoop Art!  The design process began with inspiration from her Etsy shop.  Let me tell you, it was tough trying to decide!  But, Cathy is easy to work with and embraced my idea along with my indecision head on!  I just {love} the felt flowers so it seemed the obvious choice.

So guess what arrived in the mail today?  Yup, my very own custom hoop art ... what do you think?

Photo: A new custom hoop in the house! ochre loopy flower with button center, smoke grey wide loopy flower and cream rolled rose on silver grey felt background. I am also trying a new set-up to photograph my hoops. I knew I kept all that scrapbook paper for good reason!

Clean and simple for me! Now, I just have to find a small wooden easel to display it in my craft room. Thanks Cathy for such a beautiful piece of art!  

No comments:

Post a Comment